Connect with us

News

Ceres Shooting Claims Life of Motorist

Published

on

CERES – A shooting Thursday night killed a motorist, becoming the city’s second homicide investigation in two weeks.

At about 6:28pm officers responded to the area of Kay and Magnolia Streets for a vehicle collision where the motorist appeared shot. Arriving officers found the driver shot inside the vehicle, which had collided into a parked car just west of the intersection.

Officers pulled the driver out of the vehicle and began life-saving measures until medics arrived. He was transported to a hospital where he died. Authorities identified him as 26 year old Alexis Perez of Ceres.

Detectives responded to examine the scene and gather evidence. The vehicle, a white Honda Accord, had front end collision damage and airbags deployed.

Sergeant Vince Hooper with the Ceres Police Department said investigators were looking for any witnesses or anyone who may have noticed anything suspicious in the area. Sergeant Hooper said they had no information on a suspect Thursday night.

Investigators were working to determine if there may be any relation to last week’s shooting on Malik Avenue.

Anyone with information regarding this case can contact Detective Matthew Berlier at (209) 538-5616.

Carlos Rodriguez is an Emmy Award winning photojournalist specializing in public safety and natural disasters. His passion for local news stems from a deep commitment to his community, with a selfless mission to inform the citizens of the valley. As he worked on assignment for 19 days at the devastating Camp Fire in Paradise, California, he spent most of his time helping survivors contact their loved ones to let them know they were ok. Carlos is a veteran of Univision, FOX, and Telemundo TV stations and a native of Modesto, California.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Schools Locked Down for Suspect Search

Published

on

MODESTO – Two schools were placed on lockdown during a search for a suspect Friday afternoon.

The incident happened at about 1:00pm when a Stanislaus County Sheriff Deputy noticed a vehicle that had been reported stolen on Dallas Street near Glenn Avenue. The driver of the stolen vehicle appeared to be talking to someone in the area, according to officials at the scene.

The driver ran away on foot as deputies made their approach. The man jumped fences through a yard and fled into an alleyway. The Stanislaus Sheriff Air Unit spotted the man making his way into a yard on Las Vegas Street.

Bret Harte Elementary and Hanshaw Middle School were placed on lockdown as a search team was organized. Within a few minutes the man was located hiding under a vehicle and quickly detained without incident.

By 2:00pm the lockdowns were lifted. No injuries were reported.

Continue Reading

News

Stockton Police Investigate Fatal Shooting

Published

on

STOCKTON – Police investigated the fatal shooting of a man in broad daylight Tuesday afternoon.

At about 3:30pm Officers responded to the 900 block of Porter Avenue for a report of a shooting. A 29 year old man was found at the scene suffering from at least one gunshot wound. He was taken by ambulance to a hospital where he died from his injuries.

Residents in the area reported hearing a gunshot shortly before police arrived.

Porter Avenue was closed by authorities while detectives responded to investigate the case. No suspect information or motive was available Tuesday night.

Anyone with information regarding this case is encouraged to contact police at (209) 937-8377 or Crime Stoppers at (209) 946-0600 where callers can remain anonymous.

Continue Reading

News

Woman Involved in Amber Alert Found Safe

Published

on

MODESTO – The woman involved in a recent Amber Alert that involved children and a suspect found in Modesto was found safe Monday, authorities said.

Mariela Costello, 32, was found safe although further details regarding her location were not provided.

Costello was identified as a previously unreported missing person by the Riverside County Sheriff’s Office. Out of state relatives became concerned when they did not hear from her sometime around September 16th.

Investigators turned their focus on 34 year old Nicholas Zeko who told authorities he left the woman in Moreno Valley, but kept her wallet and cell phone. Authorities issued an Amber Alert after Zeko fled with their two children, claiming their lives were in imminent danger.

Zeko and the two children were found in Modesto at the Tiki Lodge on McHenry Avenue. A Modesto Police officer noticed his SUV that had its trim freshly painted. Zeko was quickly detained without incident.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2021 Central Valley TV