Connect with us

News

Family Loses Home in Canyon Fire

Carlos Rodriguez

Published

on

DEL PUERTO CANYON – The SCU Lightning Complex Fire in Del Puerto Canyon has consumed several structures, including the home of a family of eight.

Dale and Angela Holbert, along with their six children, received the news that they had lost their home to the fire on August 18th. The family just recently welcomed a baby girl three months ago.

The family was away from home at the time, so thankfully no one was harmed. A GoFundMe campaign was set up for the family to help get them on their feet.

“I find it ironic that I am sitting here staring at the campfire trying to gather my thoughts about losing our house (we just put so much work in to finish the inside of before the baby came) to a fire just today,” Angela Holbert said in a Facebook post linked to the GoFundMe page. “We appreciate the prayers and encouragement and kind offers for help that have come to us”

As of Saturday morning, the SCU Lightning Complex in Del Puerto Canyon and neighboring regions burned nearly 292,000 acres. The fire affected at least five counties including Stanislaus, Alameda and Santa Clara among others and was only ten percent contained. Smoke from the fire drifted across the region, blanketing the skies with unhealthy particulate matter. The fire ranked the third largest in the history of the state.

While news of the loss was difficult for the Holbert family, they tried to remain positive and optimistic. “God is good all the time and this time is no different. We are safe and we have our hope in Christ who gives us strength. Material things can be replaced. Our salvation in Christ cannot be taken away We are together and our kids are safe. That is what is most important.”

If you would like to donate to the Holbert Family via GoFundMe, you can do so by CLICKING HERE.

Carlos Rodriguez is an Emmy Award winning photojournalist specializing in public safety and natural disasters. His passion for local news stems from a deep commitment to his community, with a selfless mission to inform the citizens of the valley. As he worked on assignment for 19 days at the devastating Camp Fire in Paradise, California, he spent most of his time helping survivors contact their loved ones to let them know they were ok. Carlos is a veteran of Univision, FOX, and Telemundo TV stations and a native of Modesto, California.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Investigators Seek Help in Homicide Case

Gaby Muro

Published

on

Photo: San Joaquin County Sheriff's Office

STOCKTON – Homicide detectives with the San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office are looking for help in a homicide case that occurred near the 4100 block of East Fremont Street on October 17th, 2020.

Investigators say on October 17th, 25-year-old Alvaro Morales-Yac was shot and killed while inside his vehicle at a gas station.

Detectives say the male suspect appears to be heavyset, with a goatee and Hispanic. They believe the suspect is in his 30’s. The suspect was driving a light metallic sedan at the time of the homicide. Investigators believe the car is a 2017 or 2018 Hyundai Elantra.

Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Detective Wait at (209) 373-9057.

Continue Reading

News

Fatal Shooting Investigated on Bystrum Road

Gaby Muro

Published

on

MODESTO – Detectives investigated a shooting that claimed the life of one person Monday night.

The shooting happened shortly before 11:00pm on Bystrum Road near Lombardo Avenue. Deputies arrived to find a victim who was suffering from a gunshot wound. That victim was transported to a hospital for care but later died.

Authorities did not have any available suspect information and said no arrests had been made. Investigators were seeking the victim’s family Tuesday for notification.

Anyone with information regarding this case is encouraged to contact Crime Stoppers at (209) 521-4636 where callers can remain anonymous.

Continue Reading

News

Update: Stockton Shooting Claims Teen’s Life

Gaby Muro

Published

on

STOCKTON – A 17 year old boy died from injuries sustained during a shooting Monday morning.

Shortly after 11:30am, officers with the Stockton Police Department responded to a report of gunfire near the 900 block of North Madison Street. While investigating, the victim arrived at an area hospital.

Several blocks in the neighborhood were taped off as a crime scene. Officers used a drone to document evidence, and a surveillance truck was parked in the neighborhood as well.

The teen later died from his injuries. No motive or suspect information was available Monday evening.

Anyone with information regarding this case is encouraged to contact Crime Stoppers at (209) 946-0600 where callers can remain anonymous.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2020 Central Valley TV