Connect with us

News

Stanislaus State University Warns Students And Staff about Positive COVID-19 Cases Present on Campus

Published

on

TURLOCK – Safety and Risk Management with the Stanislaus State University Campus in Turlock said two persons who tested positive for COVID-19 were present on campus and warned students and staff about potential exposure.

The university said via an email that on January 15th they received notice two persons previously on campus had tested positive for COVID-19.

The first person was on campus from Monday, January 11th to the 13th from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on the second floor of the Demergasso-Bava Hall which houses the departments of business, communications, cognitive studies, liberal studies, education and computer science. The campus newspaper, The Signal and the radio station, KCSS are located at the Demergasso-Bava Hall as well.

Stanislaus State said in the email sent out to students and faculty that the person was present at the restrooms and mailroom on the second floor of the hall.

The second person was on campus Wednesday, January 13th at the shipping and receiving warehouse between 8:00am and 5:00pm, the warehouse restrooms near the break rooms, and the Mary Stuart Rogers Building shipping and receiving elevator at about 3:30pm.

The university also mentioned that students or faculty who were at the same locations may or may not have been exposed to the virus. They mentioned no action was required for those who felt they were not exposed and that an exposure investigation was underway. Those who were considered to be in close contact were told they would receive an additional notification.

Anyone who possibly came into contact with the persons infected on campus was asked to complete the Stan State COVID -19 Reporting Form and can contact the Stan State COVID-19 Response Team by email at covid-reporting@csustan.edu or by phone at (209) 664-6500.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News

Teen Suffers Head Wound in Highway Shooting, Suspects Arrested

Published

on

STOCKTON – Investigators with the California Highway Patrol arrested a man suspected of being involved in a shooting that wounded a teen Monday afternoon.

The incident happened shortly after 3:00pm near the area of Highway 99 and Kettleman Lane in Lodi. According to the California Highway Patrol, the driver of a Nissan Altima fired a gun several times at the victim vehicle, striking a teenage passenger in the head. The driver of the victim vehicle drove the teen to Lodi Memorial Hospital for care. Valley Division CHP Investigators responded to work the case.

Moses Mercado, a 21 year old resident of Lodi, was identified as a suspect during the course of the investigation. Investigators located and arrested Mercado after a brief pursuit in South Stockton that ended on South California near Worth Street. A passenger of the Nissan Altima, 21 year old Bella Villanueva of Ripon, was also arrested. Villanueva faces charges of aiding and abetting, conspiracy, and concealing evidence.

Mercado was charged with attempted murder, carrying a loaded firearm with a previous felony conviction, being a felon in possession of a firearm, conspiracy to commit a crime, being a prohibited person in possession of ammunition, and shooting at an inhabited vehicle. He is in custody without bail and due in court on June 30th at 1:30pm.

A third suspect, 29 year old Edgar Hernandez of Stockton, was arrested and charged with carrying a loaded unregistered firearm concealed in a vehicle.

“We want to assure the public that these acts of violence are not random, but are often targeted attacks between parties that know each other,” said Commander Mel Hutsell of the Stockton CHP Office. “We take these types of incidents very seriously and are committed to ensuring public safety.”

Anyone with information regarding this case is encouraged to contact CHP Investigations at (916) 731-6300.

Continue Reading

News

Brush Fire Fills Skies with Smoke

Published

on

SALIDA – A brush fire in the north end of Stanislaus County filled the skies over Modesto and neighboring communities with smoke Monday and Tuesday.

The fire was reported in San Joaquin County initially, but jumped the Stanislaus River late Monday afternoon. The fire burned in heavy brush along the river near the 10100 block of Beckwith Road.

Early indications suggest the fire to have burned 150-200 acres, however at time of publication an exact measurement was not available.

Continue Reading

News

Airport Neighborhood Shooting Investigated

Published

on

MODESTO – One person was rushed to a hospital after a report of a person shot Monday Afternoon.

The incident happened shortly after 1:30pm near the intersection of Kerr Avenue and Tenaya Drive. An ambulance left with one person and a sheriff deputy following close behind.

The area was closed off with crime scene tape as deputies examined the scene. Evidence technicians and investigators responded as well.

No further details were available at time of publication.

Anyone with information regarding this case is encouraged to contact the Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Office or Crime Stoppers at (209) 521-4636 where callers can remain anonymous.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2021 Central Valley TV