Connect with us

News

Deputies Injured, Suspect Shot During Burglary Investigation

Carlos Rodriguez

Published

on

MODESTO – Authorities are investigating a burglary incident that turned into a shooting Sunday morning.

Deputies with the Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Office responded to the 800 block of Business Park Drive shortly before 5:00am for a report of a silent burglary alarm. Arriving deputies located a man in his 40’s outside of a building.

Deputies made contact with the man and struggled with him while taking him into custody. During the struggle, shots were fired, striking the suspect.

Authorities say the suspect was armed with a hatchet, and two deputies sustained injuries. Deputies provided aid to the suspect, who was rushed to a hospital by ambulance where he died.

Both deputies were also treated at a hospital and later released.

Officials said the deputies will be assigned to administrative duties while an investigation is conducted. The District Attorney’s Office also conducts their own investigation into the circumstances surrounding the incident.

Anyone with information regarding this case is encouraged to contact Detective Esquivez at (209) 567-4466.

Carlos Rodriguez is an Emmy Award winning photojournalist specializing in public safety and natural disasters. His passion for local news stems from a deep commitment to his community, with a selfless mission to inform the citizens of the valley. As he worked on assignment for 19 days at the devastating Camp Fire in Paradise, California, he spent most of his time helping survivors contact their loved ones to let them know they were ok. Carlos is a veteran of Univision, FOX, and Telemundo TV stations and a native of Modesto, California.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Ceres Shooting Claims Life of Motorist

Carlos Rodriguez

Published

on

CERES – A shooting Thursday night killed a motorist, becoming the city’s second homicide investigation in two weeks.

At about 6:28pm officers responded to the area of Kay and Magnolia Streets for a vehicle collision where the motorist appeared shot. Arriving officers found the driver shot inside the vehicle, which had collided into a parked car just west of the intersection.

Officers pulled the driver out of the vehicle and began life-saving measures until medics arrived. He was transported to a hospital where he died. Authorities identified him as 26 year old Alexis Perez of Ceres.

Detectives responded to examine the scene and gather evidence. The vehicle, a white Honda Accord, had front end collision damage and airbags deployed.

Sergeant Vince Hooper with the Ceres Police Department said investigators were looking for any witnesses or anyone who may have noticed anything suspicious in the area. Sergeant Hooper said they had no information on a suspect Thursday night.

Investigators were working to determine if there may be any relation to last week’s shooting on Malik Avenue.

Anyone with information regarding this case can contact Detective Matthew Berlier at (209) 538-5616.

Continue Reading

News

Armed Suspect Captured After Pursuit, Crash

Carlos Rodriguez

Published

on

STOCKTON – A pursuit involving an armed suspect ended in a collision Monday evening.

At about 6:33pm an officer tried to pull over a vehicle and recognized the motorist as someone who was on post release community supervision for gun charges. The driver did not stop and led the officer on a pursuit.

The suspect vehicle collided into a pole near the intersection of East Miner Avenue and North Pilgrim Street. The Stockton Police vehicle behind the suspect collided into the duplex on the corner.

The officer in the vehicle and one occupant of the home were taken to a hospital to be treated for minor injuries.

Police say the suspect was apprehended and found with a firearm in his possession. Their identity was not available Monday night.

Continue Reading

News

Stanislaus State University Warns Students And Staff about Positive COVID-19 Cases Present on Campus

Gaby Muro

Published

on

TURLOCK – Safety and Risk Management with the Stanislaus State University Campus in Turlock said two persons who tested positive for COVID-19 were present on campus and warned students and staff about potential exposure.

The university said via an email that on January 15th they received notice two persons previously on campus had tested positive for COVID-19.

The first person was on campus from Monday, January 11th to the 13th from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on the second floor of the Demergasso-Bava Hall which houses the departments of business, communications, cognitive studies, liberal studies, education and computer science. The campus newspaper, The Signal and the radio station, KCSS are located at the Demergasso-Bava Hall as well.

Stanislaus State said in the email sent out to students and faculty that the person was present at the restrooms and mailroom on the second floor of the hall.

The second person was on campus Wednesday, January 13th at the shipping and receiving warehouse between 8:00am and 5:00pm, the warehouse restrooms near the break rooms, and the Mary Stuart Rogers Building shipping and receiving elevator at about 3:30pm.

The university also mentioned that students or faculty who were at the same locations may or may not have been exposed to the virus. They mentioned no action was required for those who felt they were not exposed and that an exposure investigation was underway. Those who were considered to be in close contact were told they would receive an additional notification.

Anyone who possibly came into contact with the persons infected on campus was asked to complete the Stan State COVID -19 Reporting Form and can contact the Stan State COVID-19 Response Team by email at covid-reporting@csustan.edu or by phone at (209) 664-6500.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2020 Central Valley TV